Tag: Worcester Porcelain
In 1751, the first Worcester Porcelaine factory was founded by a group of 15 men, headed by Dr. John Wall, an eminent physician. Dr. Wall and his partners developed their method for producing porcelain and then persuaded a group of 13 local businessmen to back their discovery with an investment in a new factory at Warmstry House. The secret of porcelain production was to be the property of the shareholders and each agreed to a penalty of 4000 pounds should they disclose knowledge of the secret to anyone. The original partnership deeds are still housed in the Worcester Museum.