Easy Way to Make a Ribbon Bow
The birthdays and holidays are coming and if you’re thinking a great way to impress is making homemade ribbon bows for the gifts you’ll be giving this year, you’re right. They look much better than pre-made bows and they are actually cheaper than the pre-made bows.
How to make a Basic Bow
1. Using three yards ribbon measure about 7″ for the first tail. Squeeze the ribbon together and hold it with your thumb and forefinger.
2. With the right side of the ribbon facing out make a loop on one side using 6-7″ of ribbon. Pinch the ribbon together and hold it with your thumb and forefinger. as before.
3. Make a full twist of the ribbon so the right side is facing out and make a loop towards the other side.
4. The second and third sets of loops should be progressively smaller than the first set. Make a fourth set of loops still smaller than the first three. Be sure to fully twist each loop so that the right side of the ribbon is always facing out.
5. Twist the remaining ribbon around your thumb to make the center loop. Adjust the tail so the right side of the ribbon is facing out. INsert a piece of wire through the center and twist it tightly at the back of the bow.
6. Spread out the loops and cut the ends of the tails at sharp angles or inverted V’s