Cheap and Easy Kitchen Decorating
Whatever they say in the popular kitchen design magazines, updating of your kitchen really does not need necessarily a lot of time and money. There are some easy and not so expensive ways to give your kitchen a fresh look.
The small actions here and there that you can make in your kitchen can still create a huge effect on how your kitchen looks. You can get an inspiration and ideas about how you would like your kitchen look and what you can use for your decorating and remodeling project from books, magazines, and internet sites dealing with kitchen design ideas. And there are plenty of them around.
Here are few relatively unexpensive kitchen decorating ideas to create a brand new kitchen:
1. Replacing the cabinet doors and fronts. Then you can reface the remaining fixtures. This will completely change the whole look and feel of your kitchen. Choose something completely different and the result will be seen instantly.
2. Painting your cabinets white and changing the hardware, such as knobs, handles, or pulls. The white is always trendy in the kitchens, and it is like a blank canvas for adding details.
4. New colour – new kitchen! Using colour to renewing the kitchen is good example of inexpensive kitchen decorating. You can paint your walls and cabinets. When it comes to painting your existing cabinetry, you can use decorative finishes. Some painting techniques are creating a distressed finish to add an aged look, and faux and glazed finishes. These are all simple to do and cost effective.
5. You can easily update your faucet and sink. It is possible to locate moderately priced sinks that can cost reasonably. They are also available in many colors, and styles. Porcelain, stainless steel, and acrylic are the materials that are available for sinks. For faucets, you will find that they are available in many styles and finishes, and depending on the type of faucet. With the new faucet and sink, your kitchen might look refreshed.
6. An affordable idea in kitchen decorating is to add a kitchen island. Kitchen islands are great for adding more counter space to the kitchen and provide a gathering place. If your budget is a bit limited or there’s no enough space to add a permanent kitchen island, but would like to have the advantages of one, you might consider as an alternative getting a kitchen cart. A kitchen cart can have wheels for rolling around, as well as have drawers, shelves, and places to hang utensils. Because they are on wheels they can be cleared out the way.
7. If your kitchen-decorating budget is so small that you can only afford to remodel a small area of your kitchen you might consider adding a kitchen backsplash. A new kitchen backsplash can really dress up a drab, uninspiring kitchen. Kitchen backsplashes are available in so many different styles, colors, and materials. The materials used for backsplashes can be wood, porcelain, natural stone, glass, stainless steel, and even wallpaper. The costs vary depending on the material you choose.
So you can see that redecorating your kitchen can be a simple thing like changing the hardware on your existing cabinetry or painting the walls. Just one small change can do a lot to make your kitchen look brand new.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.